Nevada Adult Day Healthcare Centers offers adult care options for young adults (18 and up) with intellectual disabilities such as severe autism or other behavioral disabilities. Our staff works to teach these clients normal social behaviors and social interaction skills. The Expressions program is geared toward teaching new skills to young adults who are disruptive and/or have a difficult time in a classroom setting such as our Annex program. The Expression’s Program is designed to do the following:
- Enhance daily functioning skills of our participants in our adult day care services.
- Maximize intellectual, social and emotional development of each one of our adult care participants.
- Boost positive self-esteem.
- Teach social interaction and engagement skills.
The Expression’s Program at Nevada Adult Day Healthcare Centers includes a skilled nurse to manage medication, treatments and health care monitoring for all our disabled clients who choose to participate. The program also includes:
- Sensory therapy using sand and water, Playdoh and Aromatherapy.
- Auditory therapy with audio books, meditation music, story reading and interaction, practice listening skills and following directions.
- Tactile therapy using blocks and legos, tactile brushes, peg boards, tactile devices and massagers.
Meals are included in this three to six hour daily program, as well as transportation by CPR certified drivers for any participants who need assistance in this area.
Our new Expression’s Program is our next step in ensuring that each and everyone of our daily healthcare participants get the services they need and desire. The mission is to ensure that these young adults with disability continue to grow in new ways.